Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!
First, I feel I must put a few disclaimers out there... We are NOT doctors, nor in any way medical professionals. Everything we discuss is simply what has worked, or not worked, for us personally. ALWAYS work with and listen to your medical professionals.
That being said, what we intend to discuss is simply our individual journey through two different auto immune diseases. So... let us start with the introduction.
My name is Aubrianna Hunter. I am a wife, a mother, an author... and I have Multiple Sclerosis. I hesitated to write this blog, in fact, if I'm being honest, I'm still hesitant even as I make this first entry. You see, I don't think MS defines me. I didn't want people to ever look at me and think, "Oh, that's that author that has MS." (Feel free to substitute wife and mother for author.) Also, I pretty much suck at talking about feelings. I know, go ahead and feel free to laugh at the romance writer that doesn't like emotion...
Okay, not that you've gotten that out of your system... I'm actually quite serious. I have no problem understanding emotion, writing about it, I even enjoy delving deeply into the feelings of my fictional people. However, when it comes to me... well, I'm a bit more closed off.
Which is part of why I have asked my best friend in the world to help me with this blog. Melinda is much better with emotion than I am. She has also had a totally different journey with her illness than I have. In fact, she led the way and I was more than willing to learn from her experiences and they have indelibly shaped the decisions that I have made regarding my own illness.
Therefore... please join me in welcoming my best friend in the world... Melinda Krug!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogworld, Aubrianna and Melinda! Huge admiration and kudos for you both! I look forward to reading about your journeys.

    Giant hugs too!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete